The Office Setup refers to the Office productivity suite developed by Microsoft having a collaboration of various applications (like MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint), servers (like SharePoint and Skype for Business Server) and services (like Docs.com, One Drive, Outlook on the web, and Office Online). Microsoft has developed various versions of the Office Setup in order to offer its users an improved Office productivity suite. Some of the popular versions of the Office Setup or the Office productivity suite have been listed below:
- Office Setup 365:
- Supportive Operating System: All systems like Windows (IA-32 and x64), Mac, Android, and iOS.
- Features: Task Manager, Clutter emailing feature, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, and Delve boards.
- Office Setup 2010:
- Supportive Operating System: Windows XP SP3 – Windows 10, Windows Server 2003 – Windows Server 2012 having the platforms like AI-32 and x64.
- Features: Improved Ribbon, Better User Interface, Support various File Formats, Security and Document co-authoring.
- Office Setup 2013:
- Supportive Operating System: Windows 7 – Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2- 2012 R2 having the platforms like AI-32, x64 and ARM.
- Features: New Graphical options, new themes of Slide Designs, Support the Outlook.com and Hotmail.com within Outlook, and Support the integration with Skype, Yammer and SkyDrive.
- Office Setup 2016:
- Supportive Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 and later versions having AI-32 and x64 platform.
- Features: Updated user interface having advanced Ribbons, Real-Time Co-Authoring, Security and full support for Retina Display.
To enjoy all the features of the Office Setup, the users need to follow a set of four interrelated processes or procedures that have been listed below:
What is Office.com/setup?
The Office.com/setup is the link of the official website, by which the users could easily make an access to their existing Office Account or create a new one. After signing in to the Office account, the users can easily download the Office product to their device by entering the Office Product key.
- Processor: Intel processor with at-least 1 GHz speed.
- RAM size: between 2 GB to 3 GB
- Display Resolution: 1280 x 800 resolutions
- Web browser: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox should be of latest version
- Processor: Intel processor with speed of 1.5 GHz.
- RAM size: Between 3 GB to 6 GB
- Display Resolution: 1280 x 800 resolutions
- Web Browser: Safari with the latest version
How to get the Office setup?
The users can get the Office Setup to their device by using either the online mode or the offline mode. In online mode, the users need to visit the online store of Microsoft Office through the link i.e. office.com/setup and purchase the setup by making the online payment.
While, in the offline mode, the users need to access the nearby retail stores for purchasing the Setup offline pack. This purchased Office Setup offline pack contains a CD pack having the Office Setup file. The users need to simply insert the CD pack to the system and explore it for initializing the process of Office install.
For purchasing and download the Office setup over internet connection i.e. via online method, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, click the link office.com/setup for visiting the official website of Microsoft Office.
- And the, tap the “Shop Office Products” option on the home page.
- Now, the users will be directed to the product page displaying all the Setup being available to them.
- Navigate the Office product page to search for the Setup that the users want to install to their device.
- The users may manually search for the Office Setup by utilizing the search bar displayed at the upper rightmost corner of the Office Product page.
- Once the desired has been searched, select the Office product and then, go through the product description to ensure that the selected product is compatible with the system of the users.
- Once the compatibility of the Office setup has been ensured, click the “Buy Now and Download” button shown below the name of the setup.
- After this, the users need to make the payments of the Office setup. To do so, the users need to login to their Office account (if it already exists), else they may click the “No account! Create a new one” option for creating a new one.
- After signing in to the users account, continue the process of getting to the device by making the payment of the selected product.
- To do so, go to the Payment page and select any of the modes like PayPal, Debit Card or Credit Card to pay the amount.
- On completion of the payment process, click the “Download” button
- After this, an email will be retrieved to the users’ email address containing the Download link.
- Click this link for downloading the Office Setup to the users’ device.
- By default, the Office Setup file will be downloaded to the “Downloads” folder of the system. The users may change the location, when prompted.